Susan Schweizer, the founder of and principal at Mediation Partners New England, is a conflict specialist focusing on several contexts:
In addition to her work as a conflict consultant, Susan also provides facilitation services for meetings, projects, or large programs.
Susan has over 30 years’ experience in management across multiple industries including banking, insurance, information technology, and academia.
- She has held leadership positions in several non-profits boards.
- Hallmarks of her career include negotiating several multi-million dollar national contracts between businesses and service providers as well as managing complicated global service contracts acting in an ombudsman like role.
- In her executive leadership position at a Boston non-profit she was instrumental in a re-organization that enhanced responsibilities of two units catapulting each to successfully address their missions.
- Certified in Massachusetts as a court mediator, she volunteers her time mediating cases in small claims and housing courts.
- She has over 65 graduate credit hours in negotiation and dispute resolution principles, theories, and practices. In May of 2014 Susan will be graduated from Champlain College’s master’s program in Mediation and Conflict Studies.
- Susan has over 300 hours experience in mediation and other conflict resolution work across the courts, non-profits, business, and churches.
- Susan formerly serrved as the Town Moderator for the Village of Grantham, NH
Susan most recently worked at JP Morgan Chase in their information technology division. Prior work experiences include Fleet Bank, Oxford Health, Digital Equipment Corporation, the graduate faculty (School of Library and Information Science) at Simmons College, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
Currently she is a member of Association for Conflict Resolution, the New Hampshire Conflict Resolution Association, the New England Conflict Resolution Association and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts. She has qualified as a court mediator in Massachusetts and also is a Certified Dementia Practitioner.
As one of five siblings and a mother in a blended family, Susan understands that harmony in priceless. She currently splits her time between New Hampshire and Massachusetts.